Saturday, November 22, 2014

Standing Firm....

It's late Saturday night... and by late... It's just a little past 9:30 PM  Yes, surely I am getting old.  I need to be awake till a little past 10 so that I can give Ketty her medications.  She is sound asleep in her bed near me.  Her music is blasting.  I have my own music on my computer.  My earplugs are channeling the music directly to my ears and into my mind.  I am listening to Keith and Kristyn Getty and their song, "By Faith".  




By faith we see the hand of God 
In the light of creation's grand design 
In the lives of those who prove His faithfulness 
Who walk by faith and not by sight  

By faith our fathers roamed the earth 
With the power of His promise in their hearts 
Of a holy city built by God's own hand 
A place where peace and justice reign  

We will stand as children of the promise 
We will fix our eyes on Him our soul's reward 
Till the race is finished and the work is done 
We'll walk by faith and not by sight  

By faith the prophets saw a day 
When the longed-for Messiah would appear 
With the power to break the chains of sin and death 
And rise triumphant from the grave  

By faith the church was called to go 
In the power of the Spirit to the lost 
To deliver captives and to preach good news 
In every corner of the earth  

We will stand...  

By faith this mountain shall be moved 
And the power of the gospel shall prevail 
For we know in Christ all things are possible 
For all who call upon His name  


We will stand...  

And stand we will.  That has been one of the things that we have intentionally decided to do.   God calls us to stand.... while He fights the battle.  And so she stands.  And so I stand.  And so do countless others in support of Ketty. God's got this. And no matter how the story ends, we will stand and rest in HIS character and HIS goodness.   We ask for physical healing.  We trust in whatever He decides. 





And while we stand... we will also rest in HIM.
Ketty has completed two of her ten scheduled radiation treatments.  


2 Chronicles 20:17
17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment