Friday, January 2, 2015

Living each moment to the fullest....

Hello from Fort Wayne, Indiana! It's a brisk cool day and I am sitting at the local coffee shop.  Today, I got behind the wheel and drove from destination A to destination B.  I was a bit nervous driving on the other side of the road.  A few times, I went to put on the turn signal...only to realize that I was trying to do so on the wrong side.  It's crazy how what has been normal for so many years can quickly become different and require conscious thought and effort.  I am thankful that there is no snow on the ground.  The trunk with most of my clothes didn't quite make it from Entebbe to Fort Wayne.  The message that we received on Wednesday was that it couldn't be located.  Without basic essentials, I took to the store on Wednesday.  It was a bit daunting to be honest.  Racks and Racks of clothes and a mind that was confused with the haziness that comes with jet lag.  At one point, I just asked my friend to pick some stuff out for me.  It was the quickest trip to Kohl's and within a short time, I had what I needed.  Later on, I met up with a bunch of friends.  Out of respect for the kids and for a friend in the throws of jet lag, we rang in the new year at 8:30 PM.  We shared goals for the upcoming year and sipped a variety of drinks. I chose Root Beer.  My goal for 2015?  To write.  A personal goal?  To make a big dent in writing a book.  How and what that looks like?  I do not know.  I just know that God has given me 4 months at home in the States.  That's a whole lot of time to be with friends and family.  A whole lot of time to rest.  A whole lot of time to spend with Jesus.  And a whole lot of time to bring fingers to the keyboard.  I'll aim on writing to an audience of One and see what happens.  Yes,  it is a goal.  But, I also see it as a posture of the heart.  What comes out, I do not know.  I just know that I am committing to writing a whole lot more.  In the last few days, I have enjoyed eating pickles, drinking Russian tea, and root beer.  I've sat with my friends and laughed.  And I've thought of my friends and family back home in Uganda.  It's good to be home and it's good to know that my home in Uganda is also there waiting for my return.  I am committed to savoring Each and Every moment of this year.  To Embrace what is in front of me.  To laugh more.  Live more.  Love more.  To Savor Each moment and to live Fully each day given me.  I refuse to give an unnecessary inch to the enemy.  An unnecessary inch to fear... or anything else that sucks life out of me.  That requires me to be firm in my standing.  To not relent.  To live in the light.  To do a whole lot of living.  And live I will.   Perfectly?  Absolutely NOT! Somehow perfectly?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  But I will rest in the truth that of the following verses.... 

Lamentations 3:22-24English Standard Version (ESV)

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”

SO thankful that He's got me... So very thankful that He is at my side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment