Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Tilling the land


Tonight is the night.  
THIS very moment is the moment.  
I'm bringing my rusty fingers to the keyboard and writing.  
The normal sounds of the evening aren't around me.  Tonight, I am writing from Kampala where I am currently sitting on on an orange couch watching TLC at a guesthouse that has been like a third home to me this year. 

It's not every day that one sits on an orange couch. 
It's not every day that one gets to watch TLC.  (at least not in my neck of the woods)
And it's not every day that you get to meet up with a little one as CUTE as this one.  



Isn't he adorable?  I had barely greeted his grandpa, mom, and him before I yanked out my camera to take a picture.  I saw the warmth in his demeanor... the calmness of his heart... and I wanted that side of this little guy captured.  And so I started snapping.  

Ayeko John William.  

Tomorrow, he will take his second trip to the operating theatre at International Hospital and will God Willing, he will come out of the theatre with well working INTERNAL plumbing.  

An amazing organization Willing and Abel who have sponsored the care of this little guy.  It has been SUCH an honor to be able to walk with him and his family.  

I have a feeling that this little guys self confidence will only increase as his more timid and fearful nature will reduce.  And I can only pray and trust that as He grows older, He will know how His God took care of Him.  

I covet your prayers for this little man as He goes under the knife tomorrow morning.  
I'll keep you posted on how things go.  


Before I sign out, I wanted to share a few other bits and pieces of my life.  

Nothing super deep tonight.  Though, be default of personality, I tend to go deep.  So, Let's just say that I'll till the soil.  Does one till the soil?  Or is it a different word?  I have no idea.  


But, I know that these weeks have been FULL.  

Full of eating steamed bananas with young women as they share their hearts and ask thought provoking, deep questions.  Questions that have left me digging deeper.  Tilling Deep into the soil of my own heart.  And at times helping to hold the hoe as these young women allow their hearts to be tilled.  I've savored the times with these young ladies. Hearts that are softening towards their Jesus.  And softening towards allowing their hearts to open.... and to be known.   

Yesterday, I was eating a quick lunch in the clinic.  It was one of those days where your list of things to do is a nearly a mile long.  It was a day full of mostly kiddos coming to the clinic.  Lots of coughs and colds and upset stomaches.  Thankfully, not as much malaria.  Something seems to be making its way around.  There were lots of lungs to listen to, skin rashes to look at, and just as many opportunities to squeeze a shoulder and/or give a hug.  Just around lunch time, the barometric pressure did whatever it does just before the clouds explode.  And at just about the moment, I looked outside to see one of my friends working in her garden.  She was determined to work for a few minutes.  What caught my attention was her careful holding of the hoe and the fact that she was not wearing garden clothes.  She had come straight from the office.  Void of gum boots she was at the mercy of any little critters or slithery things that could slither or critter her way.  And so... with giggles deep within my heart, I decided to go help a sister out.  
And by help, I mean really just go and laugh together.  And then when the cloud couldn't hold the water anymore and the drops started dropping like little torpedoes..... we ran our respective ways.  Her back to her house... and me back to the clinic.  




About a month ago, one of our girls was playing soccer with the boys.  And in the process of playing soccer with the boys, she fell.  And the end result of that fall was a very significant and bad fracture of her humerus bone.  She had surgery and at her last review, there was concern about how the bones were healing.  She had very limited movement of her elbow joint.  And so, we have been spending some good amount of time together.  Exercising and stretching her arm.  One of the teachers at school is also spending good amounts of time helping with the same exercises.  



Slowly Slowly... her arm is loosening up... and her range of motion is increasing at a very encouraging pace.  Hugely Awesome.  

These days have been full of variety.  I've been continuing to declutter the clinic.... finding homes for what can be homed and unhoming things that need to be.  It feels good to see things becoming increasingly organized.  A team from the States came and did some AMAZING painting in the clinic.  It looks AMAZING.  A few of the ladies on the team were nurses and they also helped a LOT with going through things of old...and seeing what could and what couldn't be used.  

I wish I had pictures this very moment... but I don't.  ) : 

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
Jeremiah 17:4

This verse was written up on the walls.  

The type of healing we experience from God is not always how we expect it and/or want it... but what is assured is that We will be healed.  I cling to that.  And have clung to that truth countless times in the last several years.  

There is so much more to say.  I am really hoping that I can bring my now, not so rusty fingers to the keyboard soon.  
I yearn to share more about what He is doing.  Exciting things coming up..... and steps walked worth  sharing.

I am thankful for you all.  And your Sweet and Amazing presence on THIS journey that He has me on.  
He is GOOD.  
He is LIFE.









No comments:

Post a Comment